RDF+OWL to Relational Mapping + OBDA Access
- Mapping of RDF data according to an OWL ontology to the relational model
and store it in a relational database.
- Populate the database from RDF tuples.
- Queries can then be stated either in SQL, or in SPARQL which is automatically
translated to SQL.
The prototype implementation RDF2SQL can be found here.
Draft Technical Report:
- The first steps dealing with the extracting of concise ER-style information from an OWL ontology
date back to our OWLED-2013 paper.
Note that it is not easy to query an ontology to find out what properties are functional on certain subsets of its domain.
- RDF2SQL has been used in the RODI Benchmark to
generate variants of the Mondial database.